What A Day For A Daydream.


Today's going to be a long day!

I am expecting Genesis to show up at our doorstep later at around 8AM. Then we'll be going down town and buy some stuff. Then at around 9AM, maybe attend Jhoey's graduation. Then at 10AM, off to the beach with high school classmates. Then after, go back down town and do the groceries. Can't we be more frenzied than that schedule?! Haha.

But nonetheless, I'm a bit [just a bit!] excited about our outing later. I'll be seeing some good friends that I've not seen for, like what, three years maybe? And what excites me more is that some of them have babies now. Whoa! Imagine the catching-up stories. Chikka galore. LOL. I once joked to a friend that maybe on our next outing, most of our classmates will be tagging along their little ones and their husband/wife, and maybe I, Genesis, and Daryl will still be stuck with each other because we remain single. It's not too impossible to happen, you know.

Remembering my high school days would give me some sort of goosebumps, but mostly, it's more on the 'mixed emotions' side. Oh, those fudged up high school days! I couldn't help but to giggle every time I remember each and every bloopers we had way back our Balagtukinz days. [Note: We used to call ourselves "Balagtukinz", which was a favorite expression of our wacky classmate, Christian Yecpot. "Balagtukinz" means "rats", in layman's term, by the way.]

I can still clearly recall when myself and Jezar were sanctioned by Ms. Salvador because we were seen strolling at the mall with our uniforms. You know how Catholic schools are. Haha. Everytime Ms. Salvador would pass by our classroom, we would hide behind the back door so she won't see us because we tried to let her forget our 'offense'. Those were the days.

I belonged to the HQ Company at our CAT. Most of the officers were from our section and it was very easy for me to pick on them simply because they were my friends. Haha. It was my favorite subject, but not until our Corps Commander, Mico, my classmate, asked me to dance "Sayaw Kikay" in front of the whole battalion, and he asked them to sing the song. [Note: I was fondly called by my classmates "Kikay", and until now, I am still "Kikay" to them.] I couldn't say "No" because it was an order and I will get demerits if I won't execute what he asked me to do. Wah. Talk about humiliation. And worse, I looked like shit that time because I forgot to bring along my combat boots, and so, I just wore my high-heeled school shoes with my CAT uniform. Imagine how funny it was to see a girl in fatigue and a beret in her high-heeled school shoes dancing "Sayaw Kikay". LOL. Those were the days.

And who would ever forget the day when Mr. Grovino asked the whole class to stand in the middle of the ballfield and sing "Baby It's You", which was Jojo's hit single that time, and was Jose Go's favorite song. Haha. The reason was, Jose Go kept on singing the song over and over again until it became the section's LSS. It was our vacant time then, we were all singing the song like craps and we became too noisy. So off we went to the ballfield, with Mr. Grovino's order, and had a little concert there while tanning ourselves. Those were the days.

Computer class was everyone's favorite. We had the most considerate teacher, Mr. Riconalla. Considerate to the extent that he wouldn't mind our classmate, Angelo Granaderos, play Druglord the whole time instead of doing our excel exercise, and we - Me, Daryl, Jezar, Genesis, Justin, Earl, Olivar, Mico, Allen, Chester, Franky - would just stay at the back, near the aircon, and just act as if we weren't in class. Mr. Riconalla wouldn't care, as long as we pass our columnar sheets. Haha. Those were the days.

When we have our so-called "vacant subject", where we weren't allowed to go out of the classroom, [I wonder why it was called "vacant subject"] We [together with our Discipline Chairperson, Jill, and Academic Chairperson, Nicole], would sneak out and go to the canteen and eat. Haha. [Note: Discipline Chairperson serves as the Vice-President and Academic Chairperson serves as the President of the class.] I also remember how Nicole asks us to keep quiet and how Jill would threaten us that she would write our names in the "misbehaving list", but actually she won't because she was talking with Nicole too. Haha. Those were the days.

Those were just few of our fun moments during fourth year. Believe me, there were more unbelievable things we did than those I mentioned. Haha. But seriously, who would ever forget each and every one of us?! Each one of us had different characteristics but shockingly, we jived well with each other. I remember posting this in our section's friendster account days after our graduation.

I WILL SURELY MISS...

ms. tumbokon's: you better shape up!..
david's: hoy! naa nya ko chika nmu!
daryl's: sus ginoo!
jill's: ID nmu kamz?
nicole's: hoy, classmates! plz kip quiet!
g.la's: kabalo ba ka day noh?!
earl's: how come? / our lady of good wither, pray for us.
mico's: haaaysssh drop!
yecpot's: im yours nic!
tanya's: i luv OP!
mirjana's: houy.. plz get ur tardy slip!
kaye's: bali pud ka fritz!
fritz cale's: huy kaye.. bali ni xa oh..
justin's: yawa.. dalagan.. yawa!.. mga bataah!
olivar's: naa kay sinco?
badon's: kamz! asa akng libro?
jetri's: wala pa lgi tym!!!
edilson's: la koy answer!
llewe's: yo! classmates!..
jezar's: mag-CAT uniform ka karng hapon?
hope's: pila imng ipa-chit?
chester's: huy.. kikay!..
granny's: ...........*SILENCE*.............

i will miss everybody gyud!..

no matter wat happens, olweiz remember
to live your life the "BALAGTUKINZ way!!!"

_kikay_


See how mushy and corny people can be during high school?! LOL. Those were the FUN days!

We were the best section then [well, at least for us]. We were a total mix of smart, preppy, nerdy, geeky, loud, quiet, good, terrible [and all the other adjectives you may think of] people. We had this so-called "support system" way back then. We would boost one another no matter what the consequences are. Whatever it may take, we would never let anyone of our classmates feel left-behind. We were all as one. If I didn't belong in that class or maybe one of us didn't, then maybe it wouldn't be as fun as it was. And maybe, I wouldn't meet my friends-for-life Daryl and Genesis.

And oh, enough of the drama [*sniff*sniff*], back to the outing topic.

[Clears throat..]

Though most classmates cannot attend because of some more important things to do, I bet it's still going to be fun. No, I take that back. Uhm, let's just hope that it's going to be fun. Haha. It's never the same when we're not complete. And all together now... NEVER!

No Response to "What A Day For A Daydream."

Post a Comment

Leave some lurve :)

 

Copyright © 2009 The Kai Complex All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Blogspot Templates Theme By- WooThemes